Arkema Focuses on Global Growth and Technology at the American Coatings Show 2016, Booth 1031
“Success in the modern coatings industry requires us to take a global perspective, including infrastructure growth, new products and technologies and the basic ways we work with our customers,” Richard D. Jenkins, global group president for Arkema Coating Resins, explained. “That perspective has been at the center of almost every decision Arkema has made in recent years. At the American Coatings Show, we will showcase the results and meet with our customers and other leaders to build on and strengthen our offering to the industry.”
Multiple businesses within Arkema serve the global coatings market and will be represented at the American Coatings Show. They include:
- Arkema Coating Resins, which produces a complete range of solutions based on aqueous polymer emulsions, opacifiers, aqueous or solvent-based alkyds and acrylics, oil free polyester resins, polyester polyols, powder polyester resins, and additives for solvent-based systems.
- Coatex Rheology Modifiers, a global designer and producer of rheological solutions for aqueous formulations and waterborne processes.
- Kynar® PVDF Coatings and Resins, the world leader in production of PVDF-based coatings and resins.
- Arkema Acrylic Monomers, a leading global producer of acrylic monomers with unique properties that extend product life and allow water-based formulations without solvents.
- Orgasol® and Rilsan® Fine Powders provide polyamide powder coatings and coating additives across many industries.
- Luperox® Organic Peroxides, used in varied applications, including crosslinking and as a polymer initiator.
These businesses will display a wide range of new and existing products and technologies for formulators worldwide, including:
- CELOCOR® AF polymer, a new ammonia-free opaque polymer for use in low odor interior or exterior architectural coatings with excellent hiding power.
- ENCOR® 636 latex, a new resin which delivers excellent gloss development, adhesion on both wet and dry substrates and grain crack resistance, making it suitable for use in both exterior and interior formulations.
- ENCOR® 662 latex, a new 100% acrylic resin that offers outstanding scrub resistance, stain resistance and washability in flat and semi-gloss coatings.
- Powder Coating Resins, including:
- REAFREE® 4796 resins, imparting high flow characteristics for TGIC systems
- REAFREE® 8563T resins, providing non-blooming solutions for PRIMID™ systems
- REAFREE® 4798V resins, offering a high chemical resistance option for TGIC systems
- Coating Additives for industrial and outdoor coatings, including:
- Crayvallac® Optima™ and Crayvallac® LV resins for solvent borne coatings used in the marine and maintenance segments.
- Crayvallac® SLT resins for use as an additive in epoxy-based sealant products.
Additionally, the Coatex business will showcase and discuss the possibilities offered by pseudo plastic thickeners across a great diversity of applications including decorative paints, industrial coatings, adhesives and sealants.
Arkema will present two papers based on recent research initiatives:
- New Acrylic Polymers for High Performance Interior Wall Paints.
Wenjun Wu, Michael Kaufman, Jeffrey Schneider, Ronald Grieb
Tuesday, April 12 at 9:30
- A New Platform Technology for Alkyds. Eliminating Emulsification Surfactants to Breach the Performance Gaps between Solvent Based and Water Based Alkyd Coatings.
J Arendt and J Kim
Wednesday April 13 at 9:30
Other announcements at the show include the recent appoint of Dr. Jeffrey Klang as the new director of research and development for Sartomer Americas, as well as discussions of recent infrastructure and business asset growth.
“The global coatings market is made up of many complex elements, with diverse needs that no single technology or approach can meet adequately,” Jenkins said. “At Arkema, we have worked hard to match that complexity and diversity with the technologies and business practices formulators need to drive innovation while still meeting the traditional needs of the marketplace.”
For more information, visit www.arkema.com or stop by the Arkema booth #1031 at The American Coatings Show, April 12 – 14, 2016 in Indianapolis, Indiana.
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance. Our balanced business portfolio spans high-performance materials, industrial specialties, and coating solutions. Our globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the markets we serve. Reporting annual sales of €7.7 billion in 2015, we employ approximately 19,000 people worldwide and operate in close to 50 countries. We are committed to active engagement with all our stakeholders. Our research centers in North America, France, and Asia concentrate on bio-based products, new energies, solutions for electronics, potable water management, lightweight materials and 3D design materials, building performance and insulation. For the latest, visit www.arkema.com.
Encor®, Celocor®, REAFREE®, Orgasol®, Rilsan®, Luperox® and Crayvallac® are registered trademarks, and Optima™ is a trademark of Arkema.